Sunday, December 14, 2008

vert is the new street


It has been 18 months since my knee surgery from the Italy incident and I am stoked to finally get back on a board. I am physically able to skate again and the first thing I want to do is skate vert. As a friend told me when I said I going to the ramp, 'good luck with that!' haha..

So 16 years after I said I was going to learn how to skate vert, I actually started down the path. Thanks to Jürgen Horrwarth, I have the full pad kit and some wheels bigger than 52mm. Rocking 8 1/4" boards too, quite funny for a tech-decker like me. You have to take baby steps in anything you do and learning to knee slide was the first goal of the night. Who knew learning knee slides could be just as awesome as learning your first kickflip? You have to love skateboarding for that...

No comments: