Sunday, October 14, 2007

T-Mobile Extreme Trainwreck...

I was at the T-Mobile Extreme Playground Pro contest this weekend in Berlin and it was a train wreck to me. I was the guest Press Member at the event and was shocked to how some of the contest was run. Dave Duncan and the crew handled there business as always but the staff the Veldrom had showed why people who don't understand skateboarding should not work at skateboarding events. I guess when a person with a press pass or an athlete pass comes through.. don't believe them at first.

With an Access All Areas pass (thanks to people skating in the event hooking it up) I was given a ton of hassle still. I was not allowed to go on the floor the second day with the press pass but a 9 year old girl with a video camera was. I guess her myspace page is going to blow up after the event! seriously people... i don't get the stupidity sometimes...

I was also amazed at the cameramen from MTV Germany. Some of the worst angles I have ever seen. It was an 'Extreme Sports' event so tilting the camera all around and making you feel like you were drunk watching the TV was a must I guess. It seems all the 'real' cameramen I have some across at live sporting events are just idiots... I am not saying all of them but the large percentage are.

After finishing an interview out of the event, the door people would not let Alex Mizurov (who won the street contest) and myself re-enter. He had the check and award in his hand too... It took one of the people throwing the event to check her. I could not believe how serious this girl took her job. I was blown away...

The contest was cool overall. Tom Penny was there!!! Enough said... I got to see all the vert kids and had a good time minus the staff working at the venue.

Now back to importing a ton of footage from the last 6 days. New videos to come soon.. and the PITCREW video is still in the works! I have not forgotten about it.

Until the next rant and rave...

No comments: